There have been a few events in our lives the past few weeks that have been (for lack of a better word) challenging, but despite all the uncertainty’s of life, I feel so blessed to have the friends, family & husband that I do. I really don’t think I could ask for more… unless I could bundle everyone together and bring them to one location. More to come on that note in due time, but I really just wanted to thank you all for the support in all things, big or small, life-related! Life is good & you bring me such joy.
Fall is officially in the air in Boston and I have officially broken out the tights & boots for the first time this season (sweaters to be unpacked this weekend!). It’s such a refreshing time of year, don’t you think? Matt and I have a weekend planned with exciting events… including Boston’s Autumn Eat Boutique! (Thanks Sandi for the tip-off!) I’m so thrilled to go and taste all the fall-inspired food & spirits and enjoy the beautiful city of Boston’s “brisk” weather (somehow it’s supposed to spike back up to 78 on Saturday before cooling off again).
A few highlights from the week:
1. Game night with a few lovely Jamaica Plains friends (there for me just when I need it most). I love having a few friends close enough to just pop by every once in a while. Side note… rummikub is pretty fun.
2. Hot drinks in this beautiful crisp weather & the feeling of actually enjoying being a little chilly… this will not last, people.
3. Autumn’s bounty of fresh apples… oh, so good! I don’t think we’re able to squeeze in apple picking this week… but hopefully next weekend!
4. The glorious 10 hours of sleep that we got last night… rarely does that happen for me anymore!
5. The way our building communicates with one another with typed (long) notes on our shared front door back and forth. So hilarious & makes me want to join in… or umm… actually meet some of them! (where are these people and why do I only happen to see & introduce myself to their friends but rarely them?) This has happened too many times & I’m starting to think that our neighbors across the hall don’t actually exist.
6. Cinnamon bread rising in the bread maker. Matt has been mentioning cinnamon buns for the past few weeks & while I can’t bring myself to completely (calorie) splurge, this will hopefully kick the craving. It’s either that or it will feed the desire and we’ll end up buying a tube of cinnamon rolls this weekend… c’est la vie! (Matthew if you read this while you’re at work… hurry home before it’s eaten!)
What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope it’s wonderful!