Hello & Happy Friday!
I’m so excited for a long weekend here in Boston. The weather is stunning, and it looks like it’s going to stay for the next few days so I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to soak up the sun. Check out the highlights of our week:
1. Last weekend Matt, our friend Michael and I went to the SOWA Market , which I’m pretty sure is one of my favorite places in this city. There’s an art market, farmers market AND an antique fair every sunday. We ended up purchasing an old map of the JP Neighborhood which we’re excited to frame and display in our living room! Yay to craft fairs!
2. Restaurant Week. I was finally able to make it to the Butcher Shop, a fun restaurant in the South End of Boston. We went a little early to beat the crowds and ended up having a lovely lunch. This place even has a little butcher shop in the back, hence the name… so cool.
3. Grilling out with friends this past Wednesday. I always will hold grill outs at the top of my summer lists, but I’m just so thankful for the time I get to spend with friends during the week to break up the routine a little.
4. Last night I was exhausted and fell fast asleep on the couch when I got home from work. My lovely husband biked to the grocery store, made dinner & then went on to find me a doctor in the online abyss of Boston medical options. Such a lucky girl – (reminder to self) he totally deserves the nap he’s taking right now even though I’m wide awake and ready for the weekend to begin.
5. Getting my nails done (which, by the way, included a neck massage, hot stones and hand massage). Such a simple luxury that I always take for granted. Thanks Mom for the birthday gift! I feel fully and completely pampered.
I hope you enjoy your long weekend wherever you are! Sending my love from Boston.